Thursday, July 12, 2012

Static

It's 11:45am on a Thursday.  I'm showered, dressed, ready for the day.  
Sitting on the couch, filling applications, watching Phantom of the Opera, surrounded by a myriad of books.  


The wedding is over, the honeymoon is over, and I am still happy.  I love my husband.


But I am unemployed and feel very wandery.  I wake up close to when Zach does, maybe an hour later.  Shower.  Clean the apartment.  Do laundry.  Dishes.  Keep myself busy.  


I'm so painfully domestic.  The highlight of my day is when Zach comes home for lunch or I have a reason to go to the store.  I have become a housewife.  I even just finished 50 Shades of Grey (guilty smile).  


I revel in it, though.  When I'm employed, nothing is as wonderful as a day off.  And I have so much time to devour books and watch movies.  


Money is tight, but I want to be wary in my job selection this time around.  I want to maybe not look forward to, but not detest going to work.  


All in all, life is good.  I am lucky enough to see friends and family regularly.  


I think now we need a dog.  :)


-Kate {midst name changes}

No comments:

Post a Comment